Now that Jarome Iginla has officially departed the Boston Bruins for the Colorado Avalanche, I wanted to make a tribute post to him because he rules. He may have only spent one season with the Bruins, but he was perfection. I'm just sorry that the Bruins didn't do more or couldn't do more to allow him to stay for another year or more. I am also sad that we weren't able to hep him win that Stanley Cup that he deserves. Thanks for a great year, Iggy.
There were a lot of great times. Between his 31 assists and 30 goals, the myriad of fights, or his playoff performance with 5 more goals while the rest of the team was asleep at the wheel, he gave us more than we thought he could give us. Remember when he was the first star of the month in the NHL for February?
His return to Calgary, his milestones of tying and passing John Bucyk on the all-time scoring list, even that time he fought Ryan Kesler and mangled his finger but was back by the next period despite the grotesque dislocation. Those are all included below, in my favorite moments of Iggy as a Bruin. I know there are a lot I am forgetting or some I am leaving out for the sake of space. But here it goes.
1. Iggy's return to Calgary: December 10, 2013. He was honored as the 3rd star after the game and after his quick lap, Chara and the rest of the Bruins blocked him from entering the bench. He did a prolonged lap, and again the Bruins made him go back out there one for final hurrah.
2. Iggy's 556th career goal to tie John Bucyk for 25th on the all-time NHL goal scoring list vs New Jersey: March 18, 2014.
3. Fight and finger dislocation against Ryan Kesler and the Vancouver Canucks: December 14, 2013. (All of his fights were pretty badass actually, including one in his first game as a Bruin.)
4. His 5 playoff goals as a Bruin, including the only Bruins goal in game 7 versus Montreal and the game 4 overtime winner vs Detroit. Here is a game 4 goal vs Montreal:
5. Iggy's 550th career goal, vs the Florida Panthers.
Part 2 is probably going to be a thing that happens because there are still many more Iggy GIFs I want to share. But this is enough for now.